STUDY ABROAD & EXCHANGE
The Student Exchange Program is designed to enable students to enrich their personal and academic experience for those coming to study at the School of Architecture and Design as well as those going to study at other universities. Partnerships between SoA+D and other universities in various countries have been established creating a network of diverse ideas and cultures.
The School of Architecture and Design at King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi provides a unique opportunity for students with its international program taught in English, its range of design departments within the school, and its location in Bangkok, the capital city.
Our undergraduate program is comprised of Architecture, Interior Architecture, Industrial Design, and Communication Design department. While our graduate programs consist of the Building Technology and the Human-centered Design department. Therefore, this creates an environment that is conducive for interdisciplinary learning. Moreover, each department offers opportunities for students to understand and to engage in the local culture by including workshops, field trips, academic activities and special lectures as part of its curriculum. While the more indigenous culture of Thailand can be experienced in the rural areas of the country, students will experience a distinct urban culture that is a hybrid of traditional values and global influences with the school's location in Bangkok.
Due to the difference in the academic year in Thailand, students from abroad should plan carefully when they will be joining the semester at the School of Architecture and Design. The first semester starts at the beginning of June and ends at the beginning of October. While the second semester is from the end of October to the beginning of March. Dates may vary slightly from one year to the next.
Applications for a visa to study at the School of Architecture and Design should be submitted to the Thai embassy in the student's respective country. Upon approval, the student will be granted a Student Visa for a period of a limited stay.
Our partner universities are :
- University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- Sint-Lucas School of Architecture (Belgium)
- University of Art and Design Helsinki (Finland)
- Jyvaskylan University of Applied Science (Finland)
- ENSCI-Les Ateliers (France)
- Binus University (Indonesia)
- Fukui University (Japan)
- Gifu University (Japan)
- Kanazawa University (Japan)
- Kyoto Institute ofÂ Technology (Japan)
- Nippon University (Japan)
- Tokai University (Japan)
- Osaka University (Japan)
- Shibaura Institute of Technology (Japan)
- University of Bremen (Germany)
- Hochschule fÃ¼r Technik Stuttgart (Germany)
- TU Braunschweig (Germany)
- Coburg University (Germany)
- Souphanouvong University (Laos)
- Dasein Academy of Art (Malaysia)
- Lasalle College of the Arts (Singapore)
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore)
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (Switzerland)
For more information, please contact Ms. Thitikarn Sritranon (email : email@example.com).